Algeria - Tinrhert Nord and Msari Akabli perimeters

Algeria - Tinrhert Nord and Msari Akabli perimeters

Dragon Oil in partnership with Enel was awarded two onshore exploration perimeters, Tinrhert Nord Perimeter and Msari Akabli Perimeter, in 2014.

Map

On 30 September 2014, Dragon Oil in partnership with ENEL Trade S.p.A. (“Enel”) was awarded two exploration blocks (“perimeters”) in Algeria, Tinrhert Nord Perimeter and Msari Akabli Perimeter.

Tinrhert Nord Perimeter

The Tinrhert Nord Perimeter in which Dragon Oil holds a 70% participating interest and be the operator with Enel holding the remaining 30% is in the Illizi Basin in Eastern Algeria and near a number of producing oil and gas fields. The total area of the perimeter is 2,907 km2. A number of undeveloped discoveries have been previously identified on the perimeter. The commitment during the exploration period includes acquisition and interpretation of 2D seismic data and drilling four wells.

Msari Akabli Perimeter

The Msari Akabli Perimeter in which Dragon Oil holds a 30% participating interest with Enel holding the remaining 70% and serving as the operator is in the Ahnet Basin in South-western Algeria. The total area of the perimeter is 8,096 km2. A number of undeveloped discoveries have been previously identified on the perimeter. The commitment during the exploration period includes acquisition and interpretation of 3D seismic data and drilling three wells.

Dragon Oil and Enel jointly participated in the 4th Bid Round to Award Hydrocarbons Exploration and Exploitation Contracts conducted by l’Agence Nationale pour la Valorisation des Ressources en Hydrocarbures of Algeria and bid on the scope and value of the work programme.

The contract for the exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons was signed on 29 October 2014.

IMPORTANT: Our Cookie Policy has changed. Please click here to view the policy and stop this banner appearing