ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001 certification
The Group has recently achieved ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001 certification. ISO 14001 is a standard for the environmental management of the elements of the Integrated Management System. It provides a framework for conducting business in an environmentally responsible manner.
The main criteria or requirements of the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications that we have complied with are summarized below.
The Group must:
- Ensure that the organisation has solid grounds of leadership and that HSE accountabilities and responsibilities are well defined and communicated to individuals;
- Verify and ensure that the Company possess adequate and industry-aligned HSE Management System (HSEMS);
- Ensure that the key HSE Policies/Procedures pertaining to our business/operations are in place and are aligned with international HSE standards;
- Have sound HSE documentation management system in place, in common with industry requirements;
- Ensure that all Company personnel across the organisation have access to HSE Documentation, are aware of HSEMS and HSE procedures and policies; and maintain evidence of compliance;
- Ensure that the Company’s HSE policies and processes are complied with both at corporate management level in Dubai, UAE and at principal affiliate level in Turkmenistan;
- Verify Risk Management criteria for the business throughout operations via ensuring that all hazards associated with operations are identified and assessed; systematic Risk Assessment workshops are conducted on operations;
- Ensure that Company conducts systematic and regular reviews/audits of the management system and work processes in structured and traceable manner; and
- Ensure availability of HSE resources to facilitate implementation of the requirements of the HSEMS.
Dragon Oil has established and implemented Quality Management System complying with ISO9001:2008 requirements ensuring that the organisation has centralised, uniform and consistent system at all locations. This system has been assessed by accreditation body Bureau Veritas and certified as ISO9001:2008 organisation. Accordingly, this has resulted in higher customer satisfaction, interdepartmental communications, work processes, customer/supplier partnerships. We have implemented a lessons-learnt programme as a means for continual improvement of the System and processes thus meeting all business objectives and strategies in effective manner.